Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 14, 2010

Kidney Beans and Rice

No picture of it.  But as I am low on funds for exciting food (or anything for that matter), I decided to look in cupboards at what I DO have.  Guess what I found?

A giant can of kidney beans, rice, a tomatillo, and tomato sauce.

Chili?  That sounds yummy, no?

No chili seasoning...What am I to do?

I already had the rice cooking, and the beans and tomato sauce in their respective pots.  Never fear! Recipezaar is here.  Seriously, that is like my fail safe for when I have little to nothing and none of it seems to go together right.  So I looked up a chili seasoning and chose the one that had five stars.  I didn't have 2 tablespoons of dried onion or one other ingredient the recipe called for, but I did have everything else so I figured that was good enough.

And what about the tomatillo you ask?  Well, that was pretty much an afterthought.  I thought...hey I need to get rid of this, so I chopped it up and threw it in the pot.  I didn't snap a picture of the delectable chili (even though it turned into more of a rice-and-bean-I'm-only-good-for-chili-tonight paste).  I've been eating it on tortillas since then.

Paul really liked it.  He told me I have the special touch.  wink wink. 

Tomatillos, by the way, are .99 cents a lb.  Needless to say, I buy a lot of them because they make yummy salsa.  Just ask Paul.  I dubbed him, salsa king.

No comments: