Yesterday was Homemade Pizza night
Pauler and I planned on making a delectable homemade pizza
AND
we ended up sharing our delicious creation with
NOT ONLY each other but:
my sister
her fiance
my roommate
and
my other roommate
(sorry to the other roommates who were currently out of town...you missed a delicious feast)
I wanted to try "Burgundy Olives" because I had never had them before and they seemed exotic so we purchased some from the store. (They were an excellent choice...tangy like green olives, but yummy like black ones)
Here is a slice of the deliciousness. Notice the crust, which leads into my next story.
Needless to say, it was delicious and incredibly filling.
Cassie and Brandon brought a delicious cake (by the way... YUM)
We decided to make it a weekly homemade pizza night because it was such a hit.
My Second Story
La Pain Rustique
my newest culinary adventure begins with a fantastic book about bread.
It discusses bread's temperamentalness (is that a word?) and the techniques behind it. I got the pizza dough recipe from it, and now I have moved on to other types of bread.
I think I'm going to make it a goal to learn how to make fantastic bread...and I guess I can just start by attempting the recipes in this book.
For tonight:
It's La Pain Rustique. 3 loaves. Starting with a "poolish" which has to ferment for 12-16 hours.
c'est magnifique, non?
Tomorrow is kind of a crazy day...let's see if it will turn out.
Maybe Pauler and I should just open up our own little Bistro...
I love food almost as much as I love Paul.

No comments:
Post a Comment