Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 20, 2010

BassoonsPianosGuitarsHarmonicasHomemadeFlutes

Isn't it funny how sometimes you realize that you are deeply and madly in love with something you never thought would make that big of a difference in your life but once it's gone then you realize how much you miss it?



I think that about my Mommy's Black Yamaha Piano.

Yeah, I bet you all expected me to write something gushy about Pauler.
well...I will, don't worry.

But I miss being able to just have a piano in my house where it is in tune and all the pedals and keys work properly.  I am so rusty now.  And I feel like I'm starting all over again with bassoon.  Nothing is more frustrating than stopping something you've been doing for years, losing the skill that made you good to where you knew you were good and then trying to build it up again.

My lungs are tired, my face is tired, my wrists are tired.

I don't remember all the fingerings I once knew and on the piano my fingers are so clumsy it's laughable.

On the bright side:

I can now read tenor clef much better than I ever could before. I get to play with a band for 2 hours and 15 minutes every Tuesday and Thursday and my bassoon teacher likes me.  I can maybe play in Orchestra next time.


my second love.

my first love.
we were being nostalgic today.

No comments: