Yesterday a man who used to play bassoon in the LA Symphony and Milwaukee Symphony and Pittsburg Symphony who is from New York came to Rexburg, Idaho and taught all us bassoonists a thing or two about musiking and making reeds.
I must say I have been inspired, yet again, to make my own reeds. Let's see how long the inspiration lasts this time.
For those of you who don't know, bassoon reeds are nearly impossible to make...and even more impossible to make well. I have tried once before...when I was about 13.
We had fun and this guy was a hoot. He was clearly not mormon, and he kept cracking jokes about mormons and words he could and could not say or about his wife. Not to mention he totally interrupted my lesson by about the halfway mark, but that was alright because my lesson was basically over anyway, and he was entertaining.
Somedays I really want to just be a musician, and somedays I remember why I am not.
--------------------------------------
Also
We decided yoga would be a good idea yesterday for Family Home Evening.
At the time it was awesome.
Today my body has been screaming at me all day.
I have not been this uncomfortable for a long time. I can barely lift my arms above my head.
Ridiculous.
Not too mention, we decided it would also be a good idea to purchase 4 pounds of candy for trick or treaters. Yeah... we have about 3 pounds of it left and then some.
-----------------------------------------
Pauler is so good to me. He has done the dishes like the past three days and he lets me fall asleep on his shoulder during devotional on Tuesdays. I love it when he wraps his arms around me because it makes me feel warm and safe.


No comments:
Post a Comment