Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Silly Malibu

Theft Systems... are they really worth their hassle?

I don't think so.  I guess if someone really wanted to steal our car they would and I guess that's why we have insurance.

Our theft system is the kind where if it is set off the car won't start.

Last Saturday (twice)
Last Sunday (once)
Monday ... I think it worked okay
Tuesday (I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure Pauler has had trouble with it at night when he comes home from work everyday)

Wednesday (this morning) 
7:32 am our car decides to go kaput.  I have class at 7:45.  We had to wait 10 minutes.
We left home at 7:42
Needless to say I was late.
We have got to cut that silly wire.

All this cold, I bet, is the culprit...unfortunately winter here lasts for 9 months

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We had the same problem a while back with the corolla. Annoying! Anyway, you might see if you can figure out how to reset the alarm. Once we figured out what kind of alarm it was, it was pretty easy to do. And the best part is we haven't had trouble with it since.

Anonymous said...

I think if you cut the wire, then it won't start at all....

The Lovely Miss M. said...

Nathan was having issues with ours and the cop that found him with his alarm blaring at midnight in Rock Island said turning your key in the door lock usually reset it. No problems since. Maybe it'll work for your car.