Monday in our home is grocery day.
I was finished with class early and so we took the afternoon shopping.
First stop was Deseret Industries. The western equivalent to Goodwill.
I needed to find some eyes for my viking mask.
Right across the street from D.I. was a Big 5 Sporting Goods store, just like I thought there was
(we have been saving up for camping gear and talking about tents and things since before we were married).
At Big 5 we were originally looking for tents, tarps, swimming suits, etc... (which we found but decided not to buy just yet) and then our eyes found hiking backpacks.
They were having a sale. The packs we found were 50% off.
![]() |
| This is similar to the ones we found, but a little different. |
So what did we do?
We bought two. Now we are giddy and can't stop talking about our next camping trip and where want to go. We have been saving money for vacations and want to spend it on camping gear i.e. a tent, tarps, MREs (yum...), you know, the good stuff. And then go backpacking in the Yucatan...probably next year when we'll have saved enough money for half a plane ticket and maybe a passport for Pauler.
So next on my agenda is to call my parents and get all my old camping gear from them so we don't have to buy a bunch of new stuff...maybe this will work.
We did eventually go grocery shopping which is what we were originally going to do. I don't know why, but hot dogs sounded really good for some reason.
So we bought some. And cooked 8 of them.
I guessed Pauler would eat at least 5 no problem. I was right.
Then we made some super sweet gelato, Guava Raspberry flavored
and then we wrote up
"THE GUERRA FAMILY MISSION"
for family home evening.
I love Mondays.


No comments:
Post a Comment