Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 05, 2011

The Bus Trip.

Since I have been in a really nostalgic mood lately and since I don't feel like writing my paper or reading the chapters I'm supposed to read right now, I am going to write about how Pauler (also known as Hub) and I took a bus trip last April so he could meet my family.

That's right. You read it correctly.  A bus trip.  More specifically a Greyhound Bus Trip.  Two days on a bus, both ways.  Neither of us had cars, and we for sure couldn't afford two plane tickets.

I think I had to pay for most of the trip (but bless his heart, Hub saved every penny he could for three months).  By this point we were not engaged yet.  Still dating. {hereby corrected by Pauler himself: we went halvesies}

This story, is all about the bus ride.

We hitched a ride from a friend who owned a truck, to the bus station so we could catch our bus late that night...
We were eager to say the least.  We had stocked up on lunch meat, cheese, bread, Sobe, Dried Papaya, and no water.

Enter: The bus.  We had waited in the first station for about an hour (we had to be there early...I really have no idea why we had to be there so early, now that I think about it).  We got stuck in the very back of the (mini) bus and we met a really nice Mexican who didn't speak English.

Pauler is one to start up conversations with anyone around him, especially if they speak Spanish.  He is really good at speaking Spanish.  We found out this Mexican man was headed to a nearby city in search of work.  If memory serves, I think he had left his family to find work there, and they were pretty menial tasks.  But he was a really nice, happy guy.  I even understood parts of their conversation because at that point Pauler was trying to teach me Spanish.  He wished us good luck on our journey

So we arrived at the first location approximately 4-6 hours later.  By this time it was 4 a.m. and we were seriously regretting the decision to take a bus trip.  But it gets better...

1 comment:

Mikayla Skouson said...

That was the best video of my life. I know what you mean about greyhound busses. I did that once in my life and vowed to only ever travel by train or plane or automobile after that!