On this Father's Day, Sunday, June 19, 2011 I hope to reach out to those men
in my life who have made a difference.
To my own poppy: Thanks for changing a lot of my diapers and taking me on super-kids and teaching me all about woodworking and how to take care of myself in this crazy world. You are an incredible man and you do so much for all of us. I have looked up to your example of patience (most of the time ;) ), intelligence, goofiness, and love. Sometimes I did not understand why you did the things you did, but the older I get the more it doesn't matter. I love you Dad, you have been a great friend and mentor to me. I'm not sure where I would be without your love and support. You always taught me to do what I love and fight hard for the things I believe in. I love you very much.
To my poppy-in-law: The first time I met you I was, let's be honest here, intimidated by your tall frame, persuasive manner and charming smile. That Christmas was certainly one to remember, and I'm glad I was able to spend it all with your (now my) amazing family. I didn't even mind that my flight was cancelled twice or three times... To be honest, your home was the only other home I have ever felt the feeling of my parent's home growing up. It's been a wild ride, and I can't wait until we have our own little guerras y rumores de guerras. I am so glad I have become a part of your incredible family and I can't wait until I get to know you better. Thanks for being such a great dad to Pauler.
To my hubby (who isn't quite yet a poppy): I love you very much and I cannot wait to go on all sorts of crazy, wild adventures with you...We already have had a fair share. You are thoughtful and methodical and patient and loving and handsome. You drive me crazy, but I guess that's kind of the point isn't it? Perhaps to some this may seem ludicrous, but so many people say they don't want to be tied down by the bonds of marriage. I feel like I haven't been more alive since I made the decision to marry you. When the time comes you will make an excellent father and that will be another adventure in and of itself. Thanks for all you do.
All my love,
Caitlin


No comments:
Post a Comment