The story for the evening:
The thing I love about Pauler
We were discussing politics, differences between democratic and republican societies, Obama's healthcare bill, etc, etc...
All the while I was sitting on the couch in our living room perusing facebook (because it's not like I could be doing anything more productive). Pauler was getting dressed because he had a meeting to go to.
I don't even remember what was being said, but finally the chatter stopped... for maybe 10 seconds, and it felt as if the living room sighed in relief. Finally a moment of silence.
Perhaps you have guessed by now that most of the talking was being done by Pauler with occasional interjections from me. Sometimes I can't even get a word in if I tried. So I sit back contentedly and wait for him to realize that I have maybe not spoken for the past few minutes...and then he continues to chatter excitedly about whatever it was that he was talking about.
This time, it was about healthcare reform and how 26 states in the U.S. are still at odds with Obama's healthcare bill--deeming it unconstitutional. (that's not the point of this story).
So those glorious 10 seconds came and went and Paul's conversation with himself went something like this:
silence...
Pauler: Wow... Is this what it feels like?
me: ?
Pauler: Is this what it feels like for you when you don't speak?
me: ...
Pauler: Wow! That felt so good! I should do that more often.
me: ...
Pauler: I should go on a talking fast for a month! Like that lady on that one movie we watched that one time... (still talking)
*He leaves the living room to go get a tie (still talking)
me: burst into laughter
Pauler: what? What's so funny, what are you laughing at?
and so I explained it to him, and then I told him I was going to put it on this blog. so here it is, he thought it was pretty funny too.


1 comment:
Hahahaha! I love you two! We are going to miss you when we move. ;'(
Post a Comment