Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Salt Lake Tabernacle

Yesterday may have been one of the longest days yet.  The orchestra I play with went on tour last week.  Yesterday was the last day of our tour and we went to perform in the Salt Lake Tabernacle on Temple Square in Utah.

I am officially in love with the acoustics in that building.

Needless to say we got back really early this morning and so I am exhausted...I think it would be safe to say I am really sick of playing my instrument right now.  But it doesn't stop here.

Next week, I have rehearsals for the opera Hansel and Gretel on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  I have a half hour commute just to get to the rehearsal spot (that's one way).  So I think it is even safer to say this week is going to be even more crazy than last week was and I brought it all upon myself.

I am excited to be a part of that opera, but I am seriously regretting the decision to agree to play for them right now...mostly because all I really want to do is sleep for maybe 2 days solid.

Wish me luck, I let you know when I resurface for air in about 168 hours.


No comments: