So, I think life is a funny thing.
Does it ever feel like when everything is going well life seems really easy, you are on top of the world and like you could do anything...and then everything bad hits you all at once? If everything bad was going to happen at some point it had to happen all at once...
Like you were just minding your own business and then a giant semi-truck comes out of nowhere and all of sudden you are squished all over the road?
that's kind of how I feel right now... not that my life is bad in the least... but I feel kind of like I got hit by a giant semi truck and I'm squished all over the road. There are so many little things that I take for granted so often.
This morning, I went to my conducting professors office to turn in a paper and apologize for skipping his lab this Wednesday because I felt really crappy. You want to know what he was doing?
His daughter had brought him scones for breakfast and so they were enjoying a quiet morning together. I left his office and felt a surge of love for my own dad.
Oh how I wish I could be near him right now. My heart yearns for his big warm hands, and his embrace, and his kisses on my face.
I love my dad so much and I miss him more than anything else.

No comments:
Post a Comment