![]() |
| c/o the graphics fairy |
I know that I should be writing praises to mothers, my mother-in-law and my own mother in celebration of Mother's Day... but I kinda wanted to start by giving a shout out to those men who, without them we women wouldn't have a fighting chance of being mothers.
So Happy Mother's Day to you dads who stick around and actually commit to your woman (by marriage...what a novel idea) forever.
That said, I find myself being all smushy gushy and sentimental because of recent semi tragic news that has come to pass in my family. Suffice it to say, I am so glad for the bond that I have been able to develop and cultivate over these many years with my mother. That I feel so close with her has made a lot of things in my life feel doable and not impossible. I know I can always call her and complain to her about my problems and frustrations and she won't judge me unnecessarily. She has always helped me be the independent soul I truly am and for that I am deeply grateful.
I hope now that we are past the teenager/discipliner phase and are great friends that she finds the bond equally as helpful...especially now.
To my Mother-in-Law, I feel so privileged to know you. I only know a small bit of your story, but I so look forward to getting to know more of it over the next infinite amount of years. You are an incredible lady and you have raised a great man. I hope you are very proud!


No comments:
Post a Comment