Friday, July 13, 2012
Food
As food is a huge deal in my life for more than just the standard reasons... I feel compelled to share with you a website created after it's preceding documentary came out in 2011.
It's called Forks over Knives and discusses the growing epidemic among not only America but other growing and industrializing countries like China, for example.
Obesity, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other diseases.
They suggest we shift our idea that meat is an essential form of protein and that dairy products are the best sources of protein and calcium, and move to a "whole foods plant based diet" to obtain all the nutrients and calories we need.
They back up their claims with poignant scientific research, and interviews with prevalent doctors in these fields.
I recommend watching the documentary and checking out this website. You might be surprised at what you hear or read.
These are just my opinions--so take them as you will.
But watching this documentary has inspired me, yet again, to refocus my dieting habits and take the food I eat much more seriously.
happy eating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment