Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Intro to Soils, Oven Dried Bananas, and Lots of Lovin'

So, I am officially a nerd.  I am taking a class about soils, and so far I am thoroughly enjoying the class and my text book. 

Just read this today and was ...how should I say? ...surprised?

"...a long history of documented research...shows that many people do routinely eat soil, often in amounts of 20 to 100 g daily. Geogaphy (deliberate "soil eating") is practiced in societies as disparate as those in Thailand, Turkey, rural Alabama, and urban Uganda."

I mean, rural Alabama?!?  Apparently it is not uncommon for pregnant women to crave raw soil either.  I hope when I am pregnant I do not crave raw soil.  Hopefully I can afford to buy the proper vitamins and spare myself the ...uncouth-ness of eating dirt.

Speaking about dirt, something that grows in the soil and produces yummy things.  Might I suggest you try:

Turning your oven on to 200 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Getting a large glass baking dish.
Snagging as many bananas as your heart desires.
Sectioning those bananas into halves and then thirds (where they naturally separate themselves anyway).
Place those sectioned bananas onto your large glass baking dish.
Put that large glass baking dish into the oven that was preheated to 200 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Wait a few hours until the bananas look properly dried out.
Once they look properly dried out... Devour them.

They may possibly be the yummiest thing in the world.

Okay that might be a little extreme...but still.  They are scrumptious!

Also, I have officially become a married lame person.  I can't stay awake past 10 pm.
But that's alright...because all this money that is being spent will pay off eventually right?


Right.

Pauler sends his regards.  We are having a blast.

No comments: