Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family Home Evening Music Lesson

Before I knew it, it was 9:27 pm... way past my preferred bed time (my actual bed time is always later than that).

But it was totally worth it because I was teaching Paul a bit of music theory (having to do with the circle of fifths, C major and minor, how to breathe properly, and how to hear and sing different octaves (particularly Middle C in Bass Clef to Middle C in the Grand Scale).  That's right... I really do know more Music Theory than you would probably have guessed.

It was so cool because Paul was actually listening to me and absorbing things and not trying to pretend like he knew what I was talking about.
Ladies and Gentlemen, this was a rare moment, and I felt so smart.

:)

Tonight was a Symphony Band Concert.
We played our music probably the best tonight as we have ever played it.
(It leaves a little more to be desired, but we sounded almost like my High School Band did when I was a Senior in High School...)

Next Semester I am going to be in Orchestra.  No more band for this chica, at least...not until 2011.


I'll be up with the big doggs.

No comments: