Saturday, November 27, 2010
12 o'clock pm
On our way to pick up carpoolers and leave Salt Lake City
1 o'clock pm
Trying desperately to find one carpooler who can't seem to tell us where she is
1:30 o'clock pm
My nose picks up a burny smell and my eyes notice steam or smoke coming out from under the hood of our newly purchased vehicle.
1:30 and 5 seconds o'clock pm
I ask Pauler if he can smell that terrible smell.
1:30 and 20 seconds o'clock pm
He replies. Yes.
1:30 and 22 seconds o'clock pm
The car is off. I am rummaging through the glove box trying to find the number for roadside assistance.
Meanwhile:
My phone has died, and our carpooler who cannot find her own location within the city finally gets directions and has to walk for an hour to our car.
Another carpooler's, whom we had already picked up and was snuggly in the backseat, mother kept calling and texting (the entire car ride home including the afternoon).
1:45 pm
Pauler finally gets a hold of roadside assistance and calls a tow service to come pick up our car which had rid itself of all anti-freeze within minutes.
Eventually the tow guy finds us, takes us to a service station which is closed, when Pauler requests that he take us to a place that will actually be open on a Saturday afternoon.
They tell us the wait is going to be two hours to even get our car checked out.
We decide to get some lunch.
*Discovery*
$20 is missing out of our car.
I am more than a little annoyed.
4 o'clock pm ish
By now, I have lost track of time and all sense of what is fair and decent. All I want is to be on the road.
We hear the news that the labor is going to be about another 2 and a half hour wait
and that our thermostat must be replaced and gaskets and something else I don't even remember.
This all comes to one shiny, pretty penny...a one of a kind penny.
and so we wait.
*Good News*
They are a half hour ahead of schedule
We found a coupon that might pay for the anti-freeze
*Bad News*
It's still 8 o'clock pm
The coupon won't work
We end up paying more than they initially said
9 o'clock pm
We are finally on the road to pick up our last carpoolee.
2 o'clock am
Return home, cold and exhausted...
But none the less: Home.

1 comment:
OH my goodness! That is one crazy day. I'm glad you made it back safe!!! holy moly sista!
Post a Comment