Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, December 10, 2010

The City-Popsicles-Schizophrenia-Cantaloupe

Pauler got a job.  It all happened very fast.
Monday he applied for the job
Tuesday they called him and set up an interview.
Thursday he was interviewed
Today he is working. I told him he wasn't allowed to turn this job down.
He agreed...
He might have regretted that as soon as he found out exactly what he was going to be doing.  But he is a man of his word.

He is a caregiver.  How fitting, yes?
He's definitely one of the most caring people I know.
This entails, essentially, driving down to the city in the wee hours of the morning and helping an almost 50 year old man learn how to perform daily tasks including but not limited to:
bathing
cooking
eating
getting dressed
cleaning
and being otherwise self sufficient.

His guy is named Fred.  and he is schizophrenic and "aggressive"
although...he was also described as being more calm than some of the others.
He's broken a couple windows.
Wish Pauler luck.  I'm sure he won't need it, but he would appreciate it.

also, I tried to cut his hair for the second time ever in my life... and this time it was more of a disaster than the first time.  It still needs to be fixed, but that's okay.  It's just hair and it will grow back.  I felt so bad that I refused to do anything else with it after I messed up the top and tried to make it even all over.  He wanted it shorter on the sides to compensate...but I couldn't do it.

I don't think Fred will mind.

No comments: