Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 14, 2011

A couple of days ago...

...I came home to the smell of beans cooking on the counter.  It smelled cozy and warm.  I was excited that Pauler had been cooking beans just for me.  I walked over to the crock pot (the lights were off-Pauler works late every night) and pulled off the tinfoil (because somehow, in transit, we lost the lid for it) and thought I was looking at pieces of ham in with the beans and I got really confused.

We don't have any ham?  I thought.  So the light was flipped and I soon realized what I thought was ham was actually pieces of onion and garlic and in fact one half of an entire onion.

4 and a half jars later, the crock pot was empty and no longer sizzling angrily at me for being too full.  Now we have lots and lots of beans.

Gosh, I love that boy.

No comments: