Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eggplants?

I'm pretty sure no one really knows how or why to cook/eat an eggplant.

I definitely know I don't know how.



I do know why though.

eggplantauberginemelongenebrinjal, or guinea squash:

As a nightshade, it is closely related to the tomato and potato, and is native to NepalIndiaBangladeshPakistan, and Sri Lanka. The fruit is fleshy, has a meaty texture, and is less than 3 centimetres (1.2 in) in diameter on wild plants, but much larger in cultivated forms. The fruit is botanically classified as a berry, and contains numerous small, soft seeds, which are edible, but are bitter because they contain nicotinoid alkaloids, unsurprising as it is a close relative of tobacco.


And now, a recipe from my laptop to yours.
(This was the highest ranked dish on the website for eggplant) For any who may not like mayonnaise, or have it, sour cream is a substitute!

No comments: