Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Natural Disasters

Today we went on a field trip.  Pauler couldn't come with me.  It was kind of funny because most of the people on the trip today were married men.  I, oddly enough, felt slightly out of place because - yes I'm married, but I'm not a man.  And so all the guys were talking about how their wives were pregnant...

I felt like yelling out "I'm not!! And I'm a wife!"  But I figured that would be just a little weird and awkward.

Anyway, we saw some really cool things.  But it was really cold and I think my toes got a little frostbitten.  For the record tennis shoes when it's freezing is a bad plan.  Air goes right through that mesh.

Grand Teton Dam...well not anymore.
Just south of the dam. 1976 wiped out a bunch of cities in Eastern Idaho. 
Landslides!
One REALLY BIG landslide.

The view facing the other direction, this landslide buried a camp ground in the 50s. 25 people died.
The river was dammed.

No comments: