Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 16, 2011

Story Time

How many who have ever lived in Rexburg have heard of "the make-out swing set" ?

I am here to tell you it actually exists.  No, we did not go to make-out we can do that at home.  In fact, the very thought of making out there seems preposterous to me now.

Here is how it went down.  Pauler looked up the address on Google Maps.  We (mostly he) wanted to check it out because the internet told us it was a romantic "get-away" spot.  We discovered it actually was a lot further away than we were previously told.  Also we drove there around 10 pm so we could go star gazing.  It was a beautiful night, but a little chilly and breezy.

Finally we arrived, only to have a big old farmer with a big old scraggly beard park almost directly behind us and shine his brights at the back of our car.  I assure you there was nothing going down in our car other than our hysterical laughter at the thought of anyone trying to come here for privacy.

First of all it's private land.  Secondly--somehow everyone in this farming neighborhood knows there are people at this little park exactly the moment they arrive and so they all come to harass you.  Repeatedly.  I kid you not we got porn thrown at us (Classy Rexy, classy).

Unfortunately enough there was another couple who unknowingly and unsuspectingly pulled up right next to our car.  They stayed in their car for a little while, and sure enough the same gigantic truck pulled up right behind them and turned his brights on again, only to back up, turn around and drive away.  We heard honking on the street across from us and heard a ghost story which holds next to no merit.

The story was told to us by the same teenage boys who drove around us three times in their rover and threw porn at us.  We were wildly amused, and extremely unimpressed with the show.

To top it off, the innocent and naive couple began making out next to their car.  I suspect they really were looking for privacy.  Pauler and I drove away laughing at the whole spectacle.

Part of me hopes those idiot teenagers came back to harass them too.

1 comment:

ranae Henderson said...

I want you to know that that is the best story I have ever heard!!! Hahahahahahaha! I am peeing right now!