Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 09, 2011

Today




Spending the evening all cozy with my laptop a 500 page english text book full of witty essays and a huge assignment does not sound like my idea of a fun evening.

I have resorted to locking myself in my own little world on the second floor of the library where speaking is forbidden and your only friends are your earbuds.

Pauler and I have secluded ourselves to different parts of campus at least for the next half hour.  I feel my self-diagnosed-ADD coming on.  It's only a matter of time before my hypochondriacitic-dislexia manifests itself while I'm attempting to write these five million little essays.  Also, I have discovered I seem to be the only person left in this library right now.  It's a wonder they haven't turned the lights off on me.

For the record, ever thinking it was a good idea to take classes and work a full time job was plain old dumb.  I don't have time to do all the projects I made for myself and this makes me feel more like a failure than an overachiever.

I was going to be the ground-support, doing laundry, making sure the bills were paid, creating delicious lunches, painting my mural, refinishing a kitchen table and having fun with life.  But alas, I have confined myself to this library, the last place I want to be.  The worst part about it is that I brought it all on myself.

I should be doing my homework, but my backside is sore and tired of sitting in this chair.  My legs feel numb, and I am too busy listening to Seal an looking out the window at the grey sky.  It looks like it's waiting to pour on me as soon as I venture out.

All I want to do right now is wear a giant sweater, my fuzzy pink slipper socks and drink a big mug of hot cocoa.  But I have to finish this work.  I guess that's the point.  There is always something else that will demand your attention before you can throw up your hands and demand that everyone leave you alone and let you finally shut your eyes and sleep for a little while.

No comments: