Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 05, 2011

Backpacking

...well more like camping, I guess.  It seems as though we are trying to get as much camping as possible done before school starts back up again, which is in a week.  We slept on sprinklers last night, that was fun...Then last Friday we slept on a tarp with a couple friends and the two of us snuggled up in one thick sleeping bag to keep warm.  Then the weekend before that we packed up and camped just the two of us and it was marvelous.

The people at the campsite prior left us a roaring fire and a whole other bundle of firewood.  That made cooking dinner really convenient.  By the way, freeze dried beef stroganoff is surprisingly tasty.

Anyway, we need to find some people who know this area for camping and hiking really well so we can explore more next season.  It's sad the camping season is almost over...I'm not sure how much colder than 40˚F our little tent can handle.  After all it is basically pure mesh with a rainfly cover.  Maybe we'll see if we can do some winter camping...I don't know if I'm brave enough for that yet though, especially in Iceburg.

No comments: