Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January

I know it's been a long long time since December...but I'm back now.  And I don't think I'm any more interesting than I was before Christmas, except that now I have more delightfully ugly clothes than I did before Christmas.

Has anyone else noticed that it is unseasonably warm?  I can't be justified in calling this place I reside "Iceburg" right now... Oh well...

Anyway... I guess it's finally time to post about the Christmas gifts that were such a secret for so long...in time young grasshoppers.

First: "The Homemade Christmas"
So Pauler and I have decided that when we have kids of our own we'll draw names and the gift(s) from that draw must be homemade.  It can be elaborate or simple.  The idea is to stimulate creativity, a sense of work ethic, and greater love for family members.  So we decided to begin doing it now, before we have any kiddies.

Let me tell you, homemade gifts are time consuming.  Everything you see in the picture was made by my hands or Pauler's for my sister and her family.  We hope they enjoy these small and simple gifts, we certainly enjoyed making them.

For the oldest child:  A wooden clothespin airplane making kit.
The two girlies: Handmade hemp bracelets, complete with individually burned designs on the beads.
The youngest child: A vintage car memory game.
For the family: A secret compartment book.

No comments: