Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Pill Series


To make this awesome gift (let's see how cheezy we can be here) you will need the following:
Mike & Ike's whichever flavors you prefer (we used tropical) or any candies that can simulate pills
small glass jars with corks
parchment paper
a printer (and indesign)
rubber cement

Obviously, you can do things differently than we did, but here is what we decided to do:



First I separated all the Mike & Ike's into individual piles and decided which color would signify each different kind of "pill".
***Please don't use my labels without my permission***
Then we came up with funny side-effects for each of the pills.
The hardest thing for us to do was find an adhesive that would stick to the glass and hold the paper on sufficiently.  We tried PVA, melting glue off another glass bottle, and finally settled on rubber cement.

*In case you don't already know... to use rubber cement properly, paint it onto the surfaces you wish to stick together, let air dry for a short time and then stick them together.  I didn't know this until very recently and so I find it fascinating.

Lastly, attach the labels to the glass and put the Mike & Ike's in their respective bottles.

They make funny gag gifts...at least I think so anyway.


No comments: