![]() |
| located in the building where I live when I am not sleeping. |
Today I taught Jane* some more about piano.
Her recital is coming up in a few weeks so we had to prepare today by getting the fingerings into her head so she could go home and practice it some more.
She's playing "Old McDonald Had a Song." It's basically the same as the real thing, except this one has different lyrics.
I'm pretty sure that I actually out energy-ed her today. Which is sayin' something because that girl is all over the place. She pretended like she was a monkey and decided that she was going to play the piano that way...so I let her. Then she decided that she wanted to play with her arms super close to the piano...so I let her.
And then, the next thing that happened was a miracle. To sum it up... basically her legs went numb and then her arms got tired and so she went back to sitting how she normally should (and knows how to do--which I have essentially given up insisting on except for sneakily so she doesn't know that I'm telling her she should do something).
Score 1 for me!
If she does not want to do something, she won't--there is no reasoning with her. She is as stubborn as the day is long, so it's best to just let her figure out why you don't want her to do something on her own...which she will do. Patience is the key.
I really love teaching.
*name has been changed


No comments:
Post a Comment