Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 06, 2012

four july

A list of the things that remind me most about the 4th of July and that epitomize the things this country stands for and the parade that customarily happens:






the day went something like this...

  • 7:15 am wake up and throw some clothes on for a flag ceremony that's happening at 7:30 am
  • eat a donut (or rather gag on sugar)
  • go home and prepare for the 2.5 hour parade (which by the way was probably one of the coolest parades I have ever witnessed...granted I usually marched in them so how I could I truly enjoy their splendor?)
  • take a million pictures
  • contemplate starting a photography business
  • watch patriotic movies
  • eat a lot of really good food
  • think about doing homework
  • go watch fireworks outside
  • be eaten alive by bugs.
All in all, a very good Independence Day.  It is only as I get older that I have learned to appreciate why Independence Day is such a special day, and how much I really take for granted as far as my fundamental freedoms are concerned.  I love this country, and I will fight for it if need be.  Thank you for fighting for it too.


^ possibly the highlight of the whole parade.

No comments: