I'm in that stage where I know we're moving in just a couple short weeks. But there is still stuff that I have to do before we go. But I'm only looking forward to the future now, because it feels so close.
...So close, I can almost touch it. Yet so far away that I can't quite reach it. All these goals, and projects that I can't do until we get there...the magical faeryland. Once we get there, my creativity can run wild and I can let my hair down, and experiment with all this stuff I want to do.
I can take pictures and go outside and be inspired by the beauty that will be surrounding me.
the grass is always greener on the other side, right?
The truth is, I'm hoping the grass really will be greener on the other side. I know everybody always says college is when you have unlimited freedom and time to be creative...I'm sorry, friends, but I just don't buy that.
It is a great environment to learn and the amount of learning happens exponentially faster than it does elsewhere...maybe.
But in my experience, college is where you work your tail off, and cry under your desk, and wipe the tears off your scan-tron sheet, and live for at least 4 years with your brain processing at the speed of light and eat mac-and-cheese because you can't afford anything better, so that AFTERWARd you can do the things that you want to do, because you did the things you didn't want to do while you were in college so you could learn.
Am I wrong? College has been an inspiration for me...but I don't feel like I've had an infinite amount of time to do the things I wanted to. I feel like I've learned what I do and do not want to do...
And my one wish, is to be fearless enough to actually DO the things I want to do, now that I will be moving where the grass is greener....
also, i apologize for the lack of pictures. it seems i always get bit by the writing bug whenever I do not have access to pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment