Last night the boy and I watched Food.Inc. This was the second time I watched it. We were appalled. Even I was, the second time.
So what did I do?
I went to the grocery store and bought organic cabbage and broccoli.
What am I thinking? I can't afford Organic produce...let alone Organic anything.
This is precisely the problem. We need to make natural foods affordable for people like us (broke college students or otherwise poverty stricken). How is it that food which takes tons of petroleum (among other things) is so cheap?
Wouldn't you think that food that takes less energy is more cost effective and better for the environment?
Well, all that yummy genetically engineered food...it's subsidized by the government.
My goodness...we complain about greenhouse gases and global warming...let the cows fart up a storm and get rid of the feed lots!
I propose a return to simplicity? Can we do that?
Also, did you know Stinging Nettle is edible?
...Yeah, me either

No comments:
Post a Comment